Resources to Help Your Company
Set Up A Website
A typical Plumbing or HVAC website has only 5-6 pages (Home – About Us – Our Services – Coupons – Contact Us). That does not create a lot of indexation or placeholders on the major search engines. Most contractors provide a wide variety of other services including Drain Cleaning, Emergency Service, Bathroom Remodeling, AC Repair, and Furnace Installation, just to name a few. By building out the website and creating separate pages for each of these services (combined with city modifiers), the Plumbing or HVAC contractor can get listed on the search engines for each of those different keyword combinations. Here is an example:
Home – About – Coupons – Contact Us
Sub-pages for each service – San Jose Emergency Plumber, San Jose Emergency Heating and AC Expert, San Jose Leak Detection, San Jose AC Repair, San Jose Drain Cleaning, San Jose Furnace Installation, etc.
They often provide services in a large number of towns outside their primary city. In order to be found on the major search engines for EACH of those sub-cities, additional pages need to be created:
Sub-pages for each sub-city serviced – Kent Plumber, Dorado Plumber, Homeland Heating and Cooling, etc.
Optimize the Pages
Once the pages are built for each of your core services, each of the pages need to be optimized from an SEO perspective so that the search engines understand what the page is about and list you for those words. Here are some of the most important items that need to be taken care of for on-page search engine optimization:
UNIQUE title tag on each page
H1 TAG restating that title tag on each page
IMAGES named with primary keywords
URL should contain page keyword
ANCHOR TEXT on each page and built into the footer
XML SITEMAP should be created and submitted to Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools
Once the pages are built out and the “on-page” SEO is complete, the next step is getting inbound links. Everything we have done up to this point is similar to laying the ground work, you have to have the pages in order to even be in the running. However, it is the number of QUALITY inbound links to those pages that is going to determine placement.
30% of SEO is On-Page type work. The other 70% is Link Building
Once the pages are built out, you are just getting started. The only way to get your site to rank above your competition is by having MORE quality inbound links to your site.
He Who Has The MOST Quality Inbound Links Wins!
Other Ways to to get Inbound Links
ASSOCIATION LINKS– Be sure that you have a link to your website from any industry associations that you belong to (plumbing association, Chamber of Commerce, networking groups, etc.).
DIRECTORY LISTINGS – Get your site listed on as many directories as possible (Angie’s List, Yahoo Local Directory, Judy’s Book, Yelp.com, etc.).
CREATE INTERESTING CONTENT/ARTICLES ABOUT YOUR INDUSTRY – This is probably the #1 source of inbound links because you can write an article about something like “Water Heaters,” and push it out to thousands of article directory sites, each containing a link back to a specific page on your site.
There are a number of things that you can do to increase the number of inbound links to your site.
500 Terry A Francois Blvd 6th floor,
San Francisco, CA 94158
Contact Us Via Phone, Email, or Contact Form
Mon - Fri
8:00 am – 8:00 pm
9:00 am – 7:00 pm
9:00 am – 9:00 pm